What Rumi, Sufism and Poetry Can Reveal About You
with Baraka Blue
Poetry might not be embraced by the masses (only 5% of people read poetry in the USA), but where it is, it seems to have a transformative effect on people.
Perhaps none more so than one of the most famous poets, Rumi, a 13th-century Persian sufi cleric.
Why would an Islamic mystic, dead 800 years, be one of the most popular poets in the West in the 21st century. How does he connect to readers and what can we learn about ourselves from sufism and poetry in general?
If you’re interested in understanding the power of poetry and sufism, this wonderful episode is for you.
Poet & Rapper
Baraka Blue is a highly acclaimed rapper and poet hailing from Seattle and based in Oakland, California. He has performed all over North America as well as the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Europe. He is highly decorated within the global artist community for his original synthesis of spoken word poetry with the tradition of mystical poets such as Rumi and Hafiz.
His most recent book of poetry is entitled ‘Reedbed Diaspora’. In addition to performances, he teaches classes and leads creative writing workshops internationally as well as online.
This episode is all about the wisdom and practices of waking up your feminine energy (men included) to restore and replenish your vitality.
In Lisa’s words, some of the benefits of doing this work include:
- Relaxing into more of your natural vitality, sensuality and joy
- Reclaiming a nourishing connection with pleasure, releasing guilt and shame
- Breaking through to new levels of love, intimacy and deepening in relationships
- Falling in love with your body, replacing self-criticism with loving acceptance
- Experiencing more peace and balance by honoring your natural feminine rhythm
- Softening your heart as you remember your sacred purpose, to love fiercely and be radiantly you
- Effortlessly attracting what you want, instead of exhausting yourself in pursuit of your goals
- Receiving steady support and guidance from a deeper connection to your soul’s wisdom
- Tapping into the overflowing reservoirs of your sacred feminine energy to fuel your creative contributions to our world.
What’s Your Feeling?
Join Inner Truth’s Facebook group + meet the community of truth seekers
- What was your path into poetry? Why did it call to you?
- How do hip hop, spoken word and poetry relate? What are they teaching us?
- Why is poetry such a powerful art form and how can people connect to it?
- How can poetry help us understand ourselves?
- Why is Rumi and Sufism so popular?
- What can people learn from Sufism?
- How do we learn to develop ‘poetic eyesight’?
- What can poetry teach us about ourselves?
- How can people start their poetic journey?
Subscribe For Inspiration
Join other Truth Seekers + sign up for regular updates, inspiration and secret giveaways