The Wisdom Of Not Knowing
with Estelle Frankel Ph.D.
Many of us fear the unknown which is why we stay in bad relationships, in jobs we hate and in other situations that are not good for us. Because what if the unknown alternative is worse?
We find comfort in the familiar – even if that comfort isn’t very comfortable. It’s the known, and the known feels easy.
For most of us the unknown is both friend and foe.
At times it can be a source of paralyzing fear and uncertainty, and at other times it can be a starting point for adventure, creativity, and transformation.
How we relate to it is a key element in all personal growth and healing.
If you want to improve your relationship to uncertainty, this episode is for you.
Estelle Frankel Ph.D.
Psychologist and Spiritual Author
Estelle Frankel is a California-based psychotherapist, author, spiritual director and public speaker.
She is a seasoned teacher of Jewish mysticism and meditation and provides workshops and teachings on the intersection of psychology and spirituality, Kabbalah and healing.
Estelle is also an award winning author of two books including Sacred Therapy: Spiritual Teachings on Emotional Healing & Inner Wholeness, and her most recent, The Wisdom of Not Knowing: Discovering a Life of Wonder by Embracing Uncertainty.
In The Wisdom of Not Knowing, Estelle dives deeply into our shared spiritual and psychological understanding of the unknown in each of our lives.
Drawing on findings from depth psychology to religion to ancient myth, the book reimagines the unknown as necessary force for good and growth in each of our lives.
I caught up with Estelle to talk about her findings and how each of us can learn to grow our selves by tapping into the wisdom of not knowing.
What’s Your Feeling?
Join Inner Truth’s Facebook group + meet the community of truth seekers
- How and why our minds create projections about the future
- How the unknown has been characterised in ancient myth and story
- The vital importance of curiosity and learning to love the questions
- What biblical stories can tell us about the arc of experience in facing the unknown
- The important of perseverance when pursuing your goals
- Finding the courage to face your fears
- How and why ‘failure’ is often the greatest thing that can ever happen to you
- The vital role of white space, silence and reflection in creation
- Why some mystery is required to keep a healthy long term relationship
Subscribe For Inspiration
Join other Truth Seekers + sign up for regular updates, inspiration and secret giveaways