The Healing Power Of Sound
with David Gibson
Sound healing, through various techniques and technologies, is the conscious use of the energy of sound to promote wellness in the human system – including the expansion of consciousness.
The science on how sound affects us physically is well defined and proven by traditional physics. The science on how sound affects us mentally through brainwave entrainment is also well proven and accepted as we can observe the different brainwave states through an EEG.
I caught up with David to dig deeper into the science of how sound affects us, what is being done on the emotional and spiritual level and how sound healing could become a major new healing modality in the future.
Jungian Psychologist and Spiritual Author
David Gibson is the President of the Globe Institute, a Sound healing centre based in San Francisco. He is the author of the Guide to Sound Healing, one of the foremost books on how sound affects us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
At the Institute he has pioneered a variety of sound healing therapies that help people to overcome emotional blockages and stuck energy, help them to find deeper sleep and find also their unique soul sound.
How sound affects us emotionally is a little less clear, but there is increasing anecdotal evidence of people being dramatically transformed but it.
More recently scientists have been turning their attention to how sound affects us at an even deeper level, that of consciousness. This is something that many ancient civilizations and modern indigenous cultures have been doing to access higher levels of consciousness for thousands of years.
David’s Institute is running a first-of-its-kind research initiative called the GeneOM project looking to map the sound waves of the human body in order to find a genetic sound blueprint for the human body.
What’s Your Feeling?
Join Inner Truth’s Facebook group + meet the community of truth seekers
- How does sound affect us mentally, emotionally and spiritually?
- What impact does sound have on our cells?
- Do we each have our own root frequency?
- How do you find the root frequency for a particular person?
- Are there archetypical frequencies for joy, love, and other emotional states?
- Can we heal ourselves by creating the same frequencies through our voice? Is it better to have an external source?
- How do the sounds of nature heal us subconsciously?
- What is white noise and how does it heal us?
- How can sound help us sleep more effectively? How does sound move us into REM?
- How does sound healing connect with sacred geometry and mandala visualisations?
- What is the GeneOM project and how are you mapping the frequency of the body?
Subscribe For Inspiration
Join other Truth Seekers + sign up for regular updates, inspiration and secret giveaways