Meditating On The Beauty
In Your Heart
with Joshua Pollock
What’s going on inside our hearts?
Is it all emotion, attachment, craving, or is there a constancy there? A divine light of some sort?
For millennia, there has been a Indian yogic tradition that honours the divine light within each of us by meditating on the heart and its presence within each of us.
Followers of the practice report incredible stillness and inner peace.
So how do we tap into our heart and the divine light within? Best-selling author and heartfulness expert Joshua Pollock answers the questions.
If you’re interested in exploring heart-centered meditation practice, this episode is for you.
Writer & Meditation Teacher
Joshua Pollock is a Heartfulness trainer and practitioner from the United States. He is a student of Kamlesh D. Patel. After experimenting with various meditative practices, Pollock started practicing Heartfulness in the United States in 2002, and has taught it since 2007.
He regularly teaches Heartfulness at universities, corporations, government institutions, and at public seminars. An accomplished violinist, Pollock has performed and taught all over the world. He holds a bachelor’s degree in musical arts from Indiana University and two master’s degrees from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
Heartfulness is a contemporized version of the ancient Indian practice of Raja Yoga, a tradition that enables the practitioner to realize the higher Self within.
Heartfulness meditation is a practice that consists of four elements—relaxation, meditation, cleaning, and prayer—and illuminates the ancient, defining feature of yogic transmission (or pranahuti), the utilization of divine energy for spiritual growth and transformation.
Unlike other popular meditation disciplines that focus on body sensations or breathing to cultivate concentration and mindfulness, heartfulness meditation focuses on creating an open field of awareness and becoming aware of the divine light within each of our hearts.
What’s Your Feeling?
Join Inner Truth’s Facebook group + meet the community of truth seekers
- Can you talk about your path into meditation and what called you specifically into heartfulness versus all other meditation practices?
- Heartfulness is an integrated approach that consists of three core practices: meditation, cleaning, and prayer. Can you elaborate a little on this?
- What is the ‘Divine light’ that is spoken of as present in the heart?
- What is the difference between single pointed focus meditation and open focus meditation?
- We talk a lot in meditation about cultivating certain faculties of the mind, what does the heartfulness approach cultivate?
- The heartfulness way is reliant on transmission, can you talk a bit about what that actually means?
- How important is our inner attitude versus our actual practice when it comes to achieving results?
Subscribe For Inspiration
Join other Truth Seekers + sign up for regular updates, inspiration and secret giveaways